Dorset Blue Vinny Potato Gratin
200g (approx.) Dorset Blue Vinny Cheese
800g Floury Potatoes (e.g King Edward)
2 Garlic Cloves
250ml-300ml Double Cream
Knob of Butter (+ extra for greasing)
Salt & Pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C (160C fan). Grease 1 litre baking dish with butter
2. Wash & finely slice the potatoes into 2mm-3mm thin disks (don't worry about peeling the potatoes). Place the potato slices in boiling water for up to 3 minutes, drain then place on kitchen roll and allow to air dry until cool enough to handle
3. Dice the onion & fry in a knob of butter for 3 minutes. Peel & finely chop the garlic, add to the onions and fry for a further 4 minutes or until the onion has softened but not browned
4. Layer a THIRD of the potatoes into the bottom of the dish & season. Add HALF of the onion, a THIRD of the cheese and cover with a THIRD of the cream. Repeat this process to create another layer
5. Top with the remaining potatoes and cream. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
6. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve as a side dish or on its own with seasonal vegetables or fresh salad
Don't forget to take a photo if you try this recipe and send it to us for a chance to win free cheese!!