Dorset Blue Vinny & Salami Savoury Muffins
Makes 12-15 muffins, approx.
150g Self-Raising Flour
50g-80g of Dorset Blue Vinny (depending how cheesy you are)
1tsp English Mustard
1 Large Egg
60g (approx.) chunk of The Real Cure's Dorset Blue Vinny & Fig Salami
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C (160C fan). Line your cupcake tray with 12-15 mini muffin cases.
2. Put your flour and a bit of pepper (no salt as the cheese and salami are salty enough) in a bowl, crumble in your Dorset Blue Vinny and add your diced salami, give it a good mix.
3. In a separate jug, mix together your milk, mustard and eggs.
4. Add the wet mix to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined- try not to overmix otherwise the muffins will be tough.
5. Divide the mixture amongst the mini muffin cases and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake on the middle shelf in the oven for approximately 12 minutes or until the muffins are just turning golden brown and are spongy to touch.
Either eat them warm or allow to cool to room temperature. Perfect as canapes or great as a cheesy snack at lunchtime.
Don't forget to take a photo if you try this recipe and send it to us for a chance to win free cheese!!